Partnering in Ottawa
GOD IS MOVING IN OTTAWA!
Ottawa is often before us.
It’s presence is perceptible as daily press releases from parliament hill nestle into our news feed. It is notable as the Senators & RedBlacks take their place in our national sports narrative. And it is shockingly obvious when breaking news reveals an unfolding national tragedy, like what happened in Fall 2014.
Ottawa is often before us. But the Lord is doing more in our nation’s capital than we will ever perceive in popular media. And I would encourage us to pray with our sister churches as they seek to be used by God to impact this influential city.
Since Spring 2014, it has been exciting to gather every few months with CNBC pastors and leaders in the area to pray for Ottawa and the neighbouring National Capital Region city of Gatineau, QC. We have been praying that the Lord would bless all of the evangelical churches in the city, would strengthen our existing churches, and would guide us as we seek to start new CNBC churches in both cities.
All six churches who originally gathered together have sensed the Lord leading them to each start one or more new churches over the next many years. We have placed those dots on a map and are praying specifically for the Lord to lead in timing, resources, and strategy.
Also, since we began meeting to pray, the Lord has brought three young church plants officially into our CNBC family in 2014-2015. Restoration Church is serving the African population in Ottawa, Bellevue Salem Baptist Church is serving the Haitian population in Gatineau, and Harvest Community Church is serving the town of Carleton Place, ON.
God is answering our prayers and we are beginning to see the first fruits. But we know that there is an even greater harvest yet to come!
Ottawa is often before us. Let us also let it into our hearts and be the focus of our prayers.
Ottawa is often before us. Let us also let it into our hearts and be the focus of our prayers.Here are some specific ways that you can join in what is happening in Ottawa-Gatineau…
Follow Ottawa Church Planting on social media…
- Email to connect with a specific church that you, your family, or your church can intentionally pray with.
- Take one Sunday for your church to specifically pray for Ottawa. Perhaps around Canada Day, pray by name for each of our existing churches & pastors and pray for the Lord to raise up labourers for the harvest in our nation’s capital.
- Come and see the city for yourself! Come see Ottawa-Gatineau for yourself and discover how your church can partner in church planting in the area, check out OttawaChurchPlanting.com
- Interested in becoming a church planter in the area? Email Jason Byers
OTTAWA FAST FACTS
- 1.2 million population
- We currently have 9 CNBC churches in the Ottawa area
- Ottawa-Gatineau is the only Census Metropolitan Area in Canada that includes two provinces.
- 40% of Ottawa-Gatineau is fully bilingual in both official languages
- 20% of Ottawa was born outside Canada. Top 3 countries of origin: United Kingdom, China, & Lebanon