“R” and “H” minister in some of the most unreached places with some of the most persecuted churches in the world. And their target group—Middle eastern refugees—are some of the most devastated and marginalized people in the world.
Today, we want to pray for the people groups and the countries that “R” and “H” work with. Their situation is unique in that they minister to middle eastern refugees, call Central Asia home, and yet are currently in the Greater Toronto Area. Read more about their journey here.
As you consider each of these geographical areas, specifically pray for the refugees. This plight of refugees has been called “one of the largest humanitarian crises since World War II.” Find out more, here.
Central Asia Prayer Points
For Fast Facts and a Video of Central Asia click HERE.
- Pray for the Gospel to take root and advance even amongst increased hostilities and persecution.
- Pray for the strengthening of persecuted churches and Christian leaders in Central Asia. Pray that they would be bold in their proclamations, and that faith would overcome their fear.
Middle East Prayer Points
For Fast Facts and a Video of the Middle East click HERE.
- Pray for the war-torn countries in this land. Pray for peace and justice to reign and for a quick end to the war.
- Pray that Jesus would reveal himself to the millions of displaced refugees around the world.
- Pray for the persecuted church in the Middle East. Pray that the Gospel would break through the strongholds of Islamic extremists and terrorism.
Greater Toronto Area Prayer Points
“R” says this about the Greater Toronto Area: “The GTA is one of the most diverse places in the world with people from over 200 different countries living in the city. Over half the population of the GTA was born outside of Canada, and new immigrants are coming into the city by the tens of thousands every year. It is projected that by 2036, 39.1% of all immigrants in Canada will live in the GTA and that during that span the number of people with a non-Christian religion could double.”
- Pray for refugees and immigrants as they adjust to life in Canada. Pray that they might find healing from their trauma, and freedom from oppression. Pray for their hearts to be open to the Gospel.
- Pray for churches in the GTA. Though the refugee crisis is tragic, God is showing himself through the salvation of many. Pray that God would help GTA churches see the incredible opportunity God has given them in bringing these refugees from persecuted countries to Canada.
- Pray that our own eyes would be continually opened to this devastating reality. Ask God how He might want you to engage refugees where you live.