Though home to some of the world's most beautiful scenery, South Asia's dense population is among the most lost in all the world. It's a land rich in culture and history, yet plagued with poverty and oppression. For several years now, Talia has been visiting South Asia on short term mission trips. And now, through her recent IMB/ CNBC appointment, it has become her home.
As we think about and pray for Talia, we want to remember the context in which she lives and ministers. Here are some quick facts and helpful resources for better understanding and praying for Talia's work in South Asia.
Quick Facts/ Helpful Resources
- South Asia's total population is around 1.7 billion, with most being concentrated in an area less than half the size of the USA.
- It is home to 1,978 unreached people groups, which account for the largest unreached population in the world. These unreached people groups total around 1.5 billion people.
- South Asia has the largest concentration of non-Christians on the planet.
- The region's major religions include Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism.
- Every week, 250,000 people in South Asia die without Christ.
Click HERE for more helpful resources from the IMB and a video on South Asia.
Points of Prayer
- Pray that cultural barriers from other religions and worldviews will be overcome by the Gospel.
- Pray for the Gospel to reach every town and village where the near 1.5 billion unreached people live.
- Pray for hope and justice to reign in a region that is plagued with poverty, oppression, and disease.
"This good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed in all the world as a testimony to all nations. And then the end will come." Matthew 24:14
If you missed Week 1, Day 1; Talia's Story, make sure to catch it here.