Seeking Cantonese Pastor
The ECBC Pastoral Search Committee is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Cantonese Pastor for their Cantonese Congregation.
The Cantonese Pastor will be accountable to the Church Council/Deacons Board. The qualified applicant’s life should model Christ-likeness. He should be a visionary leader to help the Cantonese congregation to accomplish God’s mission in the city of Edmonton and the world. He should be a gifted preacher, teacher and caring shepherd with the ability to develop and train leaders of the Cantonese ministries to fulfil the goals of the church.
- The qualified applicant will minister primarily to the Cantonese Congregation but must be willing to work with and support other leaders and congregations that comprise ECBC.
- Deliver sermons for Sunday worship and other Special services.
- Provide counseling and visiting people in need.
- Responding to the spiritual needs of the membership and those outside the church as needed.
- Conducts the church Ordinances (baptism and the Lord’s Supper).
- Supports and provides guidance for the servant leader of the Cantonese congregation.
- Teach Sunday School, conduct Bible studies and provides training to small groups and their leaders.
Qualification and Necessary Character Traits:
- He must possess and demonstrate a clear, undeniable calling to ministry—recognizing that God has called him to pastor His Church.
- He must possess a Master of Divinity or comparable graduate degree; an ordained minister is preferable however a willingness to be ordained will also be considered.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Cantonese. Spoken Mandarin is an asset.
- In agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message (1) and fulfill the qualifications listed in 1Timothy 3:1-7.
(1) A statement adopted by the Canadian National Baptist Convention 2000.
Request candidate to submit Resume and personal Statement of Faith to email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 01/31/2020