Seeking Campus Pastor
CAMPUS PASTOR REQUIRED
Discovery Baptist Church in Regina has entered into a partnership with Faith Baptist Church in the same city. This partnership has evolved through mutual need and opportunity for each congregation. It represents a unique combination of service by uniting two churches with separate organizational affiliations. The objectives of the CNBC and the North American Baptist Association / Saskatchewan Baptist Association are united in purpose to strengthen and develop ministry opportunities for both bodies.
A joint advisory board has been formed under the oversight of Faith’s senior pastor to seek candidates for the position of Campus Pastor for Discovery Baptist Church. The following qualities are sought for the candidates who are invited to apply.
- Is a faithful follower of Jesus Christ
- Has a strong and vibrant walk with the Lord and a passion to encourage the same in others
- Has a clear calling to The Pastorate (Pastor’s Heart) to lead others to Christian commitment.
- Possess a strong biblical foundation and knowledge of scripture
- Holds to the Biblical Distinctives of Baptists:
- Biblical Authority
- Autonomy of the local church
- Priesthood of the believer
- Two Ordinances; Baptism & Communion
- Individual soul liberty
- Salvation by Grace
- Two Offices; Elder and Deacon
- Saved and baptized membership
- Meet the biblical requirements of 1st Timothy 3: 1-7
- Be in agreement with the DBC Statement of Faith and Governance
THE CAMPUS PASTOR SHALL BE CAPABLE OF
1. Providing spiritual and inspirational leadership to the members of the church through biblical teaching, preaching and meaningful personal worship by exampling before the congregation those qualities that move others to apply their faith in their everyday lives. He must exhibit the fruit of the spirit in his character.
2. Example mature pastoral leadership qualities in the critical areas of nurture, visitation and conflict resolution as well as provide administrative leadership and oversight in the ministries of the church.
3. Assist in the development of vision/mission/values of Discovery Baptist Church
4. Exhibit strong team building characteristics
5. Prioritizing, multi-tasking and attention to details will be important responsibilities.
THE CAMPUS PASTOR WILL BE
- A person of prayer
- A servant leader
- A visionary leader
- Mature in the faith
- A team player
- Committed to Biblical values
ADDITIONAL DESIREABLE QUALITIES
- Good interpersonal skills; approachable “down to earth”
- Good communication skills both orally and in written form
- Ability to work with and relate to all age groups
- Ability to organize and conduct both leadership and discipleship training
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of academic backgrounds within the congregation
Preference will be given to those possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry or a related field.
Preference will also be given to those with experience in church development ministries or church planting experience.
Interested candidates may apply by forwarding their resumes to Eugene Speer (Senior Pastor, Faith Baptist Church in Regina SK) at: firstname.lastname@example.org