The Stages diagram helps a church or a DiscipleMaker have a process to Disciples and produce that rarest of leaders, DiscipleMakers. Each stage (Seeker, Believer, Disciple, DiscipleMaker, Servant) is examined in depth, with helps and suggestions. Samples;
Seeker Culture: Disciple-makers must move into the neighborhood of lostness (John 1.14 Msg); churches must become friend-of-sinners communities (eg: the LOST-on-top diagram);
Activities re Believers: Enjoy sinners, love them, study the Bible with them, urge them to seek God, declare the good news to them, lead them to respond to Christ, help them start growing as a believer
Bible Books to use with Disciples: Ephesians (Reader’s Digest version of Romans); 1 Thessalonians
Questions to ask about DiscipleMakers:
- who are the DiscipleMakers in your church?
- how does one get trained? Retreats? Courses? Mentoring?
- how do your pastor, associates, musicians, teachers function as DiscipleMakers?
- what stories have you of seekers becoming believers and believers becoming disciples?
- what barriers and chokepoints hinder DiscipleMaker development in your church?
- how serious is your church to make DiscipleMaker the default level stage? How serious are you?
For the complete article, click on download. pdf link, top right