CHARLOTTETOWN, PEI—President Hamish Buntain called to order the 34th annual business session of the Canadian National Baptist Convention on Friday, June 1.
- Per recommendation of the Nominating Committee, members of the National Leadership Board, who will also serve as the CNBC Foundation Board were elected. Next, members of the Board of Trustees of the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College were elected.
- Messengers acclaimed Hamish Buntain, senior elder of Westlynn Baptist Church in North Vancouver, BC, as president of the CNBC; Jonathan Chisholm, pastor of Jasper Place Baptist Church in Edmonton, Alberta, as first vice-president; and Dick Hale, pastor of Worsley Baptist Church in Worsley, Alberta, as second vice-president.
- In other business three budgets were approved: the CNBC’s 2019 operating budget, which includes the international missions budget; the CNBC Foundation’s 2019 operating budget; and the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College’s 2018 –19 operating budget. Click here to view the budget reports on the CNBC website.
- Buntain reported one new item of business, the first reading of the revised CNBC Constitution. Click here to review the constitution.
- Dr Rob Blackaby, president, and David Ong, director of admissions, presented the report of the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College.
- Next year’s Convention is scheduled for May 30–June 1, 2019 in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reprinted from the August 2018 CNBC Horizon. Read more here.