Seeking Children's Pastor
Organization: Evangel Baptist Church
Job Term: 1 Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Church Councils
Posting Date: November 24, 2019
Closing Date: February 28, 2019
Expected Date to Begin: April 1, 2020
About the Church:
Evangel Baptist Church consists of three congregations: Cantonese, Mandarin and English. Starting off as a Cantonese Church Plant, it has adapted to the needs of the congregation and the community recognizing the need for an English and then a Mandarin congregation in order to reach the community of all ages that has been continually growing in the past 20+ years.
The Children Pastor provides spiritual direction, guidance, training and oversight for the entire Children's ministry at Evangel Baptist Church (ages 0 to 12) and ministry core team, with a focus on holistic growth of children. Evangel Baptist Church offers children's programs including Sunday School, worship, fellowship, SPICES summer camp and programming for special events, currently serving an average of 60 children each week.
- Live a Godly and spirit filled life in accordance with the virtues found in 1Timothy 3: 1- 7 and Titus 1: 5-9.
- Adhere to the values and beliefs including the Constitution and By-Laws of Evangel Baptist Church (EBC).
- Basic theological training and related ministry experiences
Biblical Preaching and Teaching
- Preach from God’s Word at worship, fellowship and summer camp.
- Help children apply the Biblical principles in daily living.
- Teach or coordinate for Christian education: Sunday school, fellowship activities, special events, classes, and retreats.
- Provide spiritual leadership and develop vision and goals in conjunction with Children's ministry core team, EBC Council, and Pastoral Staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with and lead teams of people.
- Participate actively in core team meetings.
Training and Development
- As a servant leader, build a climate of teamwork, accountability, and growth within the EBC family.
- Foster a culture and take part in discovering, developing, training and mentoring leaders and children workers.
Discipleship and Evangelism/Community Involvement
- Demonstrate a heart for evangelism, missions and outreach.
- Train, motivate and participate with the children in evangelistic ministry.
- Lead the children into a life of service and prayer in cooperation with the Children ministry core team.
- Look for outreach and service opportunities in the community.
- Demonstrate a relational style that is friendly, encouraging, and personable. Motivate, lead, plan, organize and direct children workers and children in service.
- Foster caring ministry to co-workers, children, and their families through pastoral counselling, personal interactions, and visitation.
- Foster loving relationship with all EBC staff.
- Coordinate Sunday school, worship and fellowship services.
- Attend all Children ministry core team, EBC Council, staff and congregation meetings.
- Assist and work with the pastoral staff, the church council, the committees and other staff members to achieve the goals of EBC.
- Be responsible for good financial management and effective administrative duties of EBC.
- All potential candidates will be screened for potential conflict of interest.
- You will be responsible for obtaining a Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check that the church will cover and provide it, along with your written consent, to the EBC to evaluate the results. If applicable, the EBC, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.) Screening check records will be maintained by the EBC and kept strictly confidential.
- A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the EBC for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled.
How to Apply:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume to EVBchurch@gmail.com.
The deadline to apply is December 29, 2019
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.